OPPORTUNITIES FOR ARTISTS AT THE ART LEAGUE OF LONG ISLAND!
The Resident Artist Membership 2022 – 2023
The Resident Artist Membership is an opportunity for 4 Long Island based visual and interdisciplinary artists to develop their craft at the Art League of Long Island. Become a leader in a creative community that has thrived for over 65 years!
Utilize our state of the art studios and extensive offerings of classes to expand your skill set. This is a great opportunity for those artists who are interested in finding mentorship, learning a new medium, and developing the skills and confidence to teach.
The Resident Artist Membership is a one-year membership to the Art League of Long Island that lasts from September 1, 2022 – August 31, 2023.
The Deadline to Submit Applications was June 30, 2022! Stay tuned for future opportunities.
Print Out This Notice or Continue Reading Below…
The Resident Artist membership includes the following benefits:
- 50 free hours of instructed class time per semester- Participants will be able to attend up to 50 hours of instructed class time each semester for the duration of the Artist Resident Membership. Classes must reach minimum enrollment, and may not exceed maximum enrollment in order to be eligible for this offer. Resident Artist Members will be required to pay in full for additional instructed class time hours that exceed the 50 hours.
- Opportunity to teach a one-day workshop in the Fall of 2023– Use the education during your year of study at the Art League to design a one-day workshop that expresses your point of view and strengths as an artist through teachable skills. Resident Artist Members are encouraged to teach their Fall one-day workshops in the mediums they specialize while incorporating skills learned in their year of study.
- Ability to Schedule use of Open Studio Hours– hours in which studios are unused.
- Free admission to ticketed Art League events and lectures
- Access to the Lorraine Graves Grace Memorial Library- of over 2,500 art books
- Promotion of you and your work on the Art League website and social media
- Free entry into the annual Member’s Exhibition at the Jeanie Tengelsen Gallery– all members are guaranteed acceptance into this yearly exhibition.
- Year-round use of strolling gallery to exhibit and promote work– pieces on display in the strolling gallery will cycle through each class semester.