Policies Terms & Conditions
*Click to Skip to Policies, Terms, & Conditions for 2023 Summer Art Adventure and Summer Pre-College Portfolio Programs
General Policies, Terms, & Conditions
The Art League reserves the right to change its calendar, withdraw or modify courses or substitute instructors when necessary. Classes that do not meet enrollment requirements may be cancelled or delayed. Students will be notified of changes to their registration by phone and/or email. No refunds or makeups for students who miss class for their own reasons.
REGISTRATION: Pre-registration is required. Payment of full tuition is required at the time of registration in order to secure a seat. Prorating of classes is not permitted. Deadline to register for classes is 2 business days in advance of the start of the class. Space is limited.
Student contact information is required at registration. A phone number and an email address are required at the time of registration. If information is not provided and a student cannot be reached, the Art League will not be responsible for notifications that were not received.
REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION: You should receive an email confirmation after registering. If you do not receive an email confirmation, please check your spam folder.
STUDENT CANCELLATION POLICY: Students who withdraw from a class two weeks or more in advance of the class start date will receive a class credit (valid for one year from date of issuance) or a refund, less a $50 drop fee. Students who withdraw within less than two weeks before the start date will receive a 50% refund, less a $50 drop fee. There are no refunds or class credits if you cancel or reschedule after the start date of the class or workshop.
STUDENT TRANSFER POLICY: Prior to the start date, students may transfer to another class within the same semester, subject to a transfer fee of $15.
CLASS CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancelled classes and workshops will be rescheduled on the next available date. If none are available, students will be reimbursed with class credits. In the absence of an instructor the Art League will provide a substitute instructor. No refunds or class credits will be granted to students who miss classes due to their own reasons, including not being able to attend make-up sessions.
BEHAVIOR AND CULTURE: The Art League fosters a positive and supportive culture throughout its organization. Standards of good behavior are expected at all times. Each studio is a place for learning, artistic growth, and developing good relationships with fellow artists. The Art League reserves the right to require the withdrawal of any student that is disruptive to the class.
WEATHER: Emergency Closing Policy: For information on closures or delayed openings due to inclement weather, notice will be posted at www.artleagueli.org, or you may call to listen for special announcement: (631) 462-5400.
CERAMICS STUDIO INFORMATION & GUIDELINES: Click Here to Download Ceramics Studio Information & Guidelines
Review your schedule of upcoming classes by logging into our online registration system.
For more information:
Art League of Long Island
107 East Deer Park Road
Dix Hills, NY 11746
E-Mail : info@artleagueLI.org
Policies, Terms and Conditions: Summer Art Adventure & Pre-College Summer Portfolio
Summer Art Adventure 2023
Download Summer Program Policies Document
• Students attending school in the Half Hollow Hills School District and those employed by the School District receive the Art League of Long Island member discount as a courtesy to our host school district for Young Artist and Mature Artist Programs (this does not include Summer Pre-College Portfolio or regularly scheduled classes). Half Hollow Hills registrants need to contact the registration desk in order to apply the discount prior to registration. You can reach the registration desk at (631) 462-5400 x222 or email@example.com. For those outside the Half Hollow Hills School District, you can join the Art League by visiting our membership page and signing up one child for a student membership or all members of your immediate family for a family membership
• For Young Artist Registrations: No refunds after May 20. Before this date, a $50 non-refundable deposit per child will be retained per session.
• For Mature Artist Registrations: No refunds after May 20. Before this date, a $90 non-refundable deposit per child will be retained per session.
• For Summer Pre-College Portfolio Registrations: No refunds after May 20. Before this date, a $100 non-refundable deposit per child will be retained per session.
• Students will be notified in the event of a class cancellation. Children are expected to be able to work within the structure of the program and follow directions given. If a child must be removed due to behavior issues, a refund will not be granted. No make-ups or substitutions.
• We do not prorate a session if your child becomes ill or is unable to attend.
• A $15 transfer fee will be charged per child, per session for the transfer of a student between sessions. A minimum of two weeks’ notice is required.
• In order to inform the community about our educational programs, photos of your child may be included in stories and advertisements published in local newspapers and the website.
• If you would like your child to be placed with his/her friend, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of your child and that of his/her friend. The Art League will make every effort to meet your request of placement if possible. Those who wish to be together but are not the same age will need to join the younger student’s class.
BEHAVIOR & CULTURE
The Art League of Long Island fosters a positive and supportive culture throughout its organization. Children are expected to be able to work within the structure of the program and follow directions given. If a child must be removed due to behavior issues, a refund will not be granted.
• Emergency Closing Policy: For information on closures or delayed openings due to inclement weather, notice will be posted on at www.artleagueli.org, or you may call to listen for special announcement: (631) 462-5400.
• It is the responsibility of a child’s parent or guardian to inform the Art League, prior to the first class, of any allergies (e.g., peanuts) that would be of concern.