The Art League of Long Island is pleased to present a reception for the 2019-2020 Resident Artist Members’ Exhibit on March 11th from 6pm to 8pm.
The exhibition, which runs from March 5 to April 30 in the Art League’s Strolling Gallery, features work created by the Resident Artists during the duration of their residency, in addition to collaborative paintings created by this year’s cohort of residents. Throughout the duration of the exhibition, the Resident Artists will collaborate on a 6-foot x 18-foot mural painting, with the artists working simultaneously on the same piece.
Featuring the work of:
• Sam Neukirch
• Tara Leale Porter
• Christophe Lima
• Michael Krasowitz
“The BIG Picture” opening reception is also taking place in the Jeanie Tengelsen Gallery at the Art League at the same time, on Wednesday, March 11 from 6pm to 8pm.
About the Art League of Long Island Resident Artist Membership:
The Art League of Long Island’s Resident Artist Membership is entering its third year! Each spring up to 6 artists are selected to participate in this year-long opportunity for emerging and established Long Island based visual and interdisciplinary artists. The Resident Artist Membership is self-guided program based on independent study – a perfect opportunity for artists who are interested in finding community and mentorship, expanding and exploring new media, and further developing into a career in the arts.
The Resident Artist membership includes:
• 50 free hours of instructed class time per semester- Participants will be able to attend up to 50 hours of instructed class time each semester for a total of 150 hours over the course of the year
• Exhibition Opportunities
• Opportunity to teach a One-Day Workshop in the Summer of 2021
• Unlimited use of Open Studios
• Free admission to ticketed Art League events and lectures
• Access to the Lorraine Graves Grace Memorial Library of over 2,500 art books
• Promotion of you and your work on the Art League website and social media
Applications for the 2020-2021 Resident Artist Members are currently being accepted through March 31. Find out more about this opportunity for Long Island based artists at www.artleagueli.org.