From the NY Foundation for the Arts:
The NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship is a $7,000 unrestricted cash grant available to artists living in New York State and/or one of the Indian Nations located therein.
This grant is awarded in fifteen different disciplines over a three-year period (five categories a year) and the application is free to complete. The NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship is not a project grant, but is intended to fund an artist’s vision or voice, at all levels of their artistic development.
Click here to view the full list of 2021 NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellows, Finalists, and Panelists.
APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- 25 years or older
- Current residents of New York State and/or one of the Indian Nations located in New York State
- Must have maintained New York State residency, and/or residency in one of the Indian Nations located therein, for at least the last two consecutive years (2020 & 2021)
- Cannot be enrolled in a degree-seeking program of any kind
- Are the originators of the work, i.e. choreographers or playwrights, not interpretive artists such as dancers or actors
- Did not receive a NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship in any discipline in the past five consecutive years: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021
- Cannot submit any work samples that have been previously awarded a NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship
- While collaborating artists are eligible to apply, the total number of collaborators cannot exceed three
- Are not a current NYFA employee or have been in the last 12 months, a member of the NYFA Board of Trustees or Artists’ Advisory Committee, immediate family member of any of the aforementioned, or an immediate family member of a 2021-2022 panelist
- Artists that have been awarded five NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowships receive Emeritus status and are no longer eligible for the award
NYFA only accepts applications online via apply.nyfa.org/submit.
2022 AWARD CYCLE
Applications for the 2022 award cycle opened on Tuesday, October 5, 2021 at 10:00 AM EDT and will close on Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at 5:00 PM EST. The following categories will be reviewed:
- Architecture/Environmental Structures/Design