BIG INK, Inc. and The Heckscher Museum of Art are teaming up to host two days of large-scale woodblock printing at the Museum on July 9 & 10, 2022!
This program has been organized in coordination with the exhibition Global Asias: Contemporary Asian and Asian American Art From the Collection of Jordan D. Schnitzer and His Family Foundation, on view June 4 – September 18, 2022. Global Asias examines the cosmopolitan, playful, and subtly subversive characteristics of contemporary Asian and Asian American Art.
The Print Your Art Out Call for Artists is a unique opportunity to connect with other local artists, have a larger-than-life printmaking experience, celebrate the long, rich history of woodcut, and gain inspiration from the Museum’s Global Asias exhibition.
Artists must create an original black and white design for woodblock printing that falls into one of the following three Global Asias themes:
- Individual and collaborative submissions welcome!
- Participants come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. No prior experience is necessary! Final prints can be anywhere from 24 by 36 inches up to 40 x 96 inches.
- Applicants must be age 18+. Applications are accepted via the online form only. Deadline is Friday, April 8, 2022 at 11:59 pm. Free to apply. Applicants will receive notification of the status of their application by April 13, 2022.
- No carving is necessary until participants are accepted. Upon acceptance, artists have until July 8 to carve their designs.
- Everyone then meets at the Museum on July 9 & 10 and helps each other print as a group during the Print Your Art Out Community Event.
Learn more/Apply at https://www.heckscher.org/printyourartoutcall/